For people who love good food, good drinks and good service on a budget. Want to know how the government will pay you to go out to dinner? Want us to link to your website? Want to contribute or join our community? Just drop me an e-mail at eats@gooutcheap.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blimpies on Veterans Parkway

Rating: Suck Fest

I have been to just a few Blimpies in my time and they seem like they are not even on par with even Jimmy John's or Subway. Throw in Quizno's and forget about it. However, in my quest to find cheap eats and good deals, I wandered into Blimpie's today.

First off, the place was run by - my guess - a family of foreigners. No problem with immigrants living the American dream, but god damn at least speak the language. It took about 3 minutes for me to order because apparently they can't even understand the names of things on the menu.

I ordered a 6" Turkey sub and then had to choose my condiments much like Subway. Unlike Subway, however, these ingredients looked about as fresh as day old vomit. So after getting my toppings - which was like pulling teeth - I finally get to the cash register. Guess what? They don't take credit card and I don't have cash. However, I am in luck, they have a credit card looking machine there that you can withdrawl money from a credit or debit card .. for a $1.50 fee of course. So now, instead of $5.68 for a tiny 6" Turkey Sub, a bag of chips, and a drink; I get to pay an extra $1.50 as a bonus!

Just to be clear, the sandwich was nothing I couldn't make at home. Here is some stock advice, if you can buy stock in Blimpie's - SELL SHORT. This place - and every one I have been in to date - are foreign owned, poor food quality, and their competition (Panera, Subway, Jimmy John's, Quizno's, etc.) is head-and-shoulders above this poor imitation of a deli shop.

Bottom line: Blimpie's on Veteran's Parkway should be avoided like Tamiflu. I spent $7.18 on a small, sub par sandwich, bag of chips, and soda and received horrendous service as the final reach-around after getting ass-raped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home